What exactly is Apnea Sleep?
Sleep apnea is a disorder in which the throat relaxes excessively during sleep and blocks the airway, causing short pauses in breathing. People with sleep disorder may not be aware they have the illness since they often feel as if they slept well. Typical symptoms include snoring (though not everyone who snores has sleep disorder), choking, and gasping for breath upon awakening. Modvigil 200(Provigil) and Modalert 200 is used to treat excessive sleepiness in patients with narcolepsy and residual sleepiness in certain cases of Obstructive sleep disorder. Scientists believe the drug affects the sleep-wake centers in the brain. The most common side effect is a headache.
There are three primary forms of sleep apnea:
The most frequent kind of sleep disorder is obstructive sleep disorder, which is caused by throat muscles relaxing and blocking airflow.
- Central sleep disorder: Central sleep disorder occurs when the brain fails to control respiratory muscle action appropriately, leading the body to “forget” to breathe during sleep.
- Complex sleep disorder syndrome is a mix of the other two forms of sleep apnea.
Sleep Apnea Symptoms
The most prevalent symptom of sleep disorder occurs during sleep, thus it is vital to recognize signs that may indicate a sleep disorder diagnosis during waking hours.
Symptoms of both obstructive and central sleep apnea are similar. These are among the most prevalent:
- Holding the breath during sleeping
- Awakening quickly from sleep, gasping for air
- Excessive perspiration during sleep Headaches or dry mouth in the morning
- Severe daytime drowsiness or tiredness Irritability
- Memory loss or trouble focusing
- Reduced sexual desire or impotence
In addition to the aforementioned symptoms, the Epworth Sleepiness Scale or the Stop-BANG may help you evaluate whether you need to contact a sleep expert.
Visit: Top Magzine